RE: (TV) a question (seeking heated debate)

Ha ha - I once heard them being played in the local coffee shop as I wended my grumpy way to work - I thought it sounded appealingly Stooge-ish. I was intrigued enough to ask who it was - 'It's the Strokes sir' ;'Oh - THEM.' My favorite CD of the moment is called 'Awakening' by a North Indian classical vocalist named Shweta Jhaveri. Just her voice, accompanied by tabla. It's heavenly - like a 75 minute long Little Johnny Jewel solo!

<<Bah! Am I the only person on this list who's never heard anything by the
Strokes?
After all this discussion I'm going to have to bloody listen to the
buggers now.
I don't like anything at the moment that disrupts my non-stop diet of
Mississippi John Hurt and John Fahey. I'll be onto Kazaa later to see
what these upstarts sound like.
Don't expect a report.
- -Howard
(a grumpy old man)>>