Re: (TV) a question (seeking heated debate)

I have no idea who first made the Strokes-TV comparison, but it was
clearly not anyone very familiar with Television.

I liked the first album OK, though I got real tired of the faux lo-fi
processing of the singer's voice.

They remind me most of some 60's garage bands, with *maybe* some VU
thrown in there.  (I saw them on SNL, and the drummer was wearing a
Warhol Banana tshirt.)

They're fun, but they're disposable, as the one track I've heard from
the newest album shows.  Sophomore slump, anyone?