(TV) RE: Anti-intellectual/Coincidence/Synchronicity/ Egghead/FFF Art, Just Dance!/Question for Larry H.

>Jesus...what's wrong with an education.
>When did intelligent rock become so anti-intellectual?

The timing of this totally freaked me out.  I had to
leave my workplace for several hours, so I didn't
get around to reading Larry's above comment until 2PM.
But at 1:52 PM I had just sent a long e-mail off-list
about Television (I know,     you're shocked) that had
a sentence that read:

"...wasn't sure what I meant so I (foolishly?) said,
'You know how Television is a thinking/intelligent person's
rock band and to some extent rock music for intellectuals?"

As someone with some knowledge of probability, I believe all
such events of ostensible synchronicity or extra sensory
perception are just sheer coincidences. (This is also a good
example of one of the uncountable things/beliefs I do not have
in common with TV---another is I don't play the guitar  :>)  )

Now just so you don't moan and think I'm a ffffin' pretentious,
pseudo-intellectual/egghead, I 49.999% agree that Television's
appeal is that they're a great (the supreme?) rock band, with
incredible musicians, and that it's that freakin' simple--no more
no less--and that you can take all those art-angles and obsessive
analyses of the band and shove it.

Sincere Questions for Larry H. (not a criticism--just need
help with my usual confusion):
>>Jesus...what's wrong with an education.
Are you commenting on the Strokes, Strummer, TV or all, here?

>>When did intelligent rock become so anti-intellectual?
Whose 'intelligent' rock?  Whose anti-intellectualism?

I don't believe that if a person is born with a silver spoon
in his/her mouth they can't create good rock music.

My [Hell's] whole silly saga about the Wilmington DE boarding
school and Verlaine was simply to show that the Strokes insinuation
that TV was some sort of hypocrite or phony because his
posh-boarding school days preceded his later 'punk' persona
(Strokes' word 'punk' not mine), was based on their sheer stupidity
and their own defensiveness to the interviewer's question about
their privileged backgrounds.

Speaking of eggheads got me thinking of a band called Eggplant.
They covered "Breakin' in My Heart". Has anyone ever heard it?

	Leo