Re: (TV) Re: U2 IPod topic OT

--- Andy Ferguson <afne04343@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> I think thats the part of it that bothers me . I
> need to have my artwork and
> to physically be able to remove something froma
> sleeve ( preferably a
> printed inner sleeve ) and use the skill of placing
> the stylus just right.
> I need to be able to study a sleeve and read notes
> if there are any etc.
> Thats what turns me off MP3s in general
>
> Andy

me too, but that is what makes us dinosaurs.  the new
generation doesn't give a flip about those things.
well, they never had cardboard 12" sleeves to gaze
upon...

actually this came up on cnn last week, discussing the
release of a new album by some washed-up, adulterous
irish pub act -- that the idea with tying said band to
the ipod was to draw old folk who have never
downloaded mp3s into the new technology.  also
mentioned was that perhaps the new (in the works)
"who" album (hate to even call it that) might actually
sell pretty well, since old who fans don't know how to
download music and so still buy albums (er, cds).

i say bring back horse-drawn carriages, and the 12".