Re: (TV) (OT) Gang of Four reunion interview

For me, this isn't OT at all. When I was in highschool, mid-to-late 80's, I had friend named Tilda who was, I think, the coolest teenager I've ever met (then or since). She handed me Marquee Moon one day with the instructions to listen to the title track, which I did and...well, I'm on this list so the rest follows. Anyway, she also turned me onto Gang of Four, and we would blast To Hell With Poverty while she wrote amazingly funny stories about her character's Leona Trotsky, and Leona's sidekick the Salvador Dali Llama. Despite the fact that MM was 10 years old when I first heard it, and GOF was current, they're still linked in my mind through Tilda, wherever she may be today. Also, on a sidenote (because Flea wrote the article), I saw the RHCP play at Western Washington University right after their first album came out when Hillel Slovak was still alive. They played a double bill with Snakefinger--the night of the two dead guitarists. Funny that Flea should think of that first album as a mistake, when it's the only one of theirs that I liked at all.

Thanks for indulging my memory trip--and thanks for the link, Keith!