Re: (TV) Odd Verlaine interview

At 9:02 PM +0000 1/21/05, Joe Thornton wrote:
Amilcar wrote:
well ,he had to admit that some of it was older stuff , played live before (and recorded , luckily ) ...

I remember some discussion about this before. Who's the authority on it? Is there clear evidence that some of the Music For Films tunes were played in earlier concerts?

As someone who's seen two MFF shows and has an .mp3 version of the Middle East show (Cambridge, MA) from 1998, it's pretty clear that Tom 'n' Jimmy were performing the _They Caught the Ferry_ music even then. I've not listened to the soundtracks or the ME show for a while, but it's not inconceivable that there's more than just passing similarity. And there's nothing wrong with that, either--_They Caught the Ferry_ is a damn good tune.
--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/