Re: (TV) Odd Verlaine interview

what i meant is that he use some of the instro tunes (for example the spy-surf low-e theme ,and the quiet one wich they did with patti smith singing )  he played in 88,(one is being treed at the moment ) ,also with jimmy, for the music for films shows ,(i can elaborate more exactly when i go back home and re listen the lot ),masterfully mixing them with actual reactions to whats going on the screen ,(love the train sounds they make ). i truly think that some of this tunes are among of the best melodies written by tom ...still hoping official releases...

Joe Thornton <joe.thornton@gmx.net> wrote:
Amilcar wrote:
> well ,he had to admit that some of it was older stuff , played live before
> (and recorded , luckily ) ...

I remember some discussion about this before. Who's the authority on it? Is
there clear evidence that some of the Music For Films tunes were played in
earlier concerts?

I doubt that it's anything more than a few little melodies -- just a few
sequences of notes -- that turn up in both cases. If that.

Otherwise, you're calling into question the way Tom composed the Music For
Films.

--JoeT