Re: (TV) Don't Do E-mail

Here you go Leo, a copy of the original message.  It
was I who spoke to Tom through a conduit and here is
exactly what he said (copied and pasted from the
original e-mail, I saved it as it is the closest thing
to a Verlaine autograph that I will ever get, name and
e-mail of the conduit removed, someone on the list
figured it out once though, it really is not that hard
to figure out, and no it is not Secret X)

I've explained this here before in the last few years,
Verlaine lost interest in royalties (or perhaps the
project) after learning that there was no lable, no
real distribution, etc. He never commented on the
Tribute and he never sued us, I'd like to think he
just let us have our way at it so long as we were not
selling it so it tempers some of the reports (to me
anyways) that he is paranoid about others recording
his work.  I think Keith or Howard managed to get the
band copies during a tour when they went backstage.

Hi Greg,
Here's Tom's response:

     "i  have  heard  nothing  about  a  tribute
record.i  think it
sounds
fine

and  fun."

He is thinking about the royalty/music rights issue.
Again, I think
that
this is something that should have happened a long
time ago and am
surprised
that one of the larger indie labels haven't done it
yet.  How many
discs
would be pressed?  Out of curiosity, what did give you
the impression
that
Tom would not be into the idea?