Re: (TV) Is nothing sacred?

In message <20050225142238.7330.qmail@web30910.mail.mud.yahoo.com>, stephen wilson <schlepworld@yahoo.com> writes
C'mon, 'Roadrunner' - it's pop music, nothing 'sacred' about it! Turn off your TV if it bugs you.

Yeah - the thing is that what we might consider "sacred" is, in the end, just another chunk of noise to put behind some crappy TV ad for cars or whatever. What we consider great memories are just useful "instant-coolness" reference points for some smart-arse ad-person. Not worth getting upset about, really. Whoever owns it has the right to do what they want with it - so I did give a cheer when Tom Waits sued the company and won a hell of a lot of money when they used Screaming Jay Hawkins singing a cover of one of his songs (forgotten which) for, I think, an ad for jeans.