Re: (TV) Is nothing sacred?

At 3:50 PM +0000 2/25/05, Keith Allison wrote:
so I did give a cheer when Tom Waits sued the company and won a hell of a lot of money when they used Screaming Jay Hawkins singing a cover of one of his songs (forgotten which) for, I think, an ad for jeans.

I believe that was Frito-Lay, and I don't think the vocalist was Screaming Jay, but someone else they'd hired. They'd wanted to use "Step Right Up," and when he refused, they recreated it closely enough that Tom won the judgement.
--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/