Re: (TV) Bob's Chronicles

On 12/8/05, Howard Webb <howard@howardwebb.com> wrote:

> I'm fascinated by this - what did Bob say he invented? Was it some kind of
> acoustic technique like frailing or something like that?

>From Keith and Robin's reactions I think they'll agree with me on this: it
is totally impossible from Dylan's (very long) description of this technique
to tell what it was *at all*.  It's like this major epiphany for him, and if
I recall correctly its virtues have something to do with being able to sing
anything along with it, like it improves your singing somehow.  And it has
something to do with a pattern (so I thought of frailing, too) that can be
applied to, and enhances, any song or chord sequence.  But he uses
absolutely no recognizable guitar terminology, and halfway through the
chapter his attention wanders and the topic dries up... I think in favor of
his tour with the Dead, maybe?  Can anyone jog my memory here?  I don't have
the book on hand.

-Rex