Re: (TV) bummer

On 12/9/05, Keith Allison <keith@marquee.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> "The music industry is to extend its copyright war by taking legal
> action against websites offering unlicensed song scores and lyrics.

This just sucks ever so much ass!

I just bought, as a gift for a friend, a book of Kinks charts over the
weekend... it was resoundingly lame, offered a completely random and paltry
assortment of songs, and had, like, mistakes... the chart for "Waterloo
Sunset" was far less useful than the first tab I found online.

As a gui-- erm, as a semi-working musician, the band and I are far more
likely to cover a song we can just look up online than one we have to
scrounge through sheet music for (I mean, we'd just work out the parts for
ourselves before we did *that*), and hey, we are therefore more likely to
actually perform or record the song and put some royalty money in Ray
Davies' publisher's pocket in the long run.

Keith, let us know where they lock you up and we'll all send cigarettes
(jail cash).

Or is this a joke?  Please?

-Rex

The Music Publishers' Association (MPA), which represents US sheet music