Re: (TV) bummer

In message <20051209163135.7ba459b4.jh@brainiac.com>, Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com> writes
One of the things that made me laugh about Sony's latest DRM debacle is that it's yet another scheme that can be thwarted simply by holding down the shift key when putting the disk in, or by disabling auto-run. Simply amazin'.

I knew that worked for "ordinary" copy-protected cds but this rootkit business is something more, isn't it?

The United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT), a part of the Department of Homeland Security, advises that you never install CD DRM: "Do not install software from sources that you do not expect to contain software, such as an audio CD."