Re: (TV) OT: The movies/music our parents did/didn't turn us onto

On 12/13/05, Ty Burr <tyburr@mindspring.com> wrote:

> With all of this, we're lucky we're still living (more or less) in the
> rock
> era so we're still speaking (more or less) the same language as our
> children. Not true with our parents, especially if they're older -- the
> divide between pre-rock and post was almost insurmountable, at least in my
> case.

My parents are "rock era" in the early sense... my dad was big on Elvis and
Johnny Cash, although he sorta went thr route of the '60's folk revival and
didn't get back on the Rock Train after the British Invasion.  They
appreciate the Beatles and Stones and stuff, but they basically followed
that folk path on to country, which is pretty normal for West Virginians.  I
basically introduced my dad to the Byrds.

-Rex