Re: (TV) Way off topic

Last night we took the kids to see the Alloy Orchestra perform their score to the silent version of Hitchcock's silent "Blackmail". Three guys with keyboards and all sorts of gongs and percussion, banging away on stage next to the screen. Great stuff -- we've seen their touring version of the old Lon Chaney "Phantom of the Opera" which is even better. If they come to your town, catch them, kids or not: http://www.alloyorchestra.com/

But I feel your pain, Greg -- I'm glad our kids have outgrown the horrid wee-folks stuff. When we were in Brooklyn we used to see Dan Zanes (ex of the Del Fuegos) in his reinvented persona as Raffi-with- a-touch-of-the-Mekons. Even that got pretty cutesy-poo after a few times.

Fred Penner wrote a cool book on how to make weird sound effects, though, way back in the 80s. I think it's in reprints and is a lot of fun for kids.

Ty