Re: (TV) Top CDs of 2006

I only bought about three CDs in 2006, they were: "Rather Ripped" (Sonic
Youth), "Fox Confessor..."(Neko Case), "The Dream House" (Windy & Carl), and
I think that's it. I *did win* the two Verlaine CDs from '06...and so all
five records would be my in my top ten for 2006. There are a few others I
would have bought if I had the expendable cash but, (maybe this is sour
grapes) I don't think 2006 was a very good year for new music and only the
above mentioned records I bought did I feel absolutely compelled to get ( I
would have bought the Verlaine records too but, happily, I won them ! )
-Russ