Re: (TV) Top CDs of 2006

On 2/5/07, Russ <russvr@gmail.com> wrote:

> I only bought about three CDs in 2006, they were: "Rather Ripped" (Sonic
> Youth), "Fox Confessor..."(Neko Case), "The Dream House" (Windy & Carl),
> and
> I think that's it. I *did win* the two Verlaine CDs from '06...and so all
> five records would be my in my top ten for 2006. There are a few others I
> would have bought if I had the expendable cash but, (maybe this is sour
> grapes) I don't think 2006 was a very good year for new music

I thought it a pretty strong year on the fringes of the music world that I
follow, but, that said, I can't say I personally even bought any (or even
most) of the records that made my lists, and I did spend more time digging
around in the music of various ages past than, probably, ever before.
Sometimes having less cash available leads to more interesting discoveries.
Sometimes not!

-Rex