Re: (TV) (OT) RichardThompson

On Tue, 15 May 2007 10:29:28 +0100
Keith Allison <keith@marquee.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Just listening to "Can't Win" from "More Guitar" Fabulous. Brilliant
> live album, about ten seconds between songs and from ferocious freak-out
> to gentle love song with hardly a pause for breath. The man is a genius.

Can't Win is one of those swongs (on the original studio version, anyway)
that ends way too quickly, fading out on some scorching guitar work.

On May 29, his new album, Sweet Warrior, is coming out!  I heard one cut
from it last night - Sunset Song, the last track on the album - and it's
a lovely song, the kind of gentle thing RT seems to like to close albums
with.  Can't wait for more!