Re: (TV) Sufi Monkeys

Nicely said, Keith, and I apologize for my previous invective. Intolerance makes me strangely intolerant.

T.

On May 22, 2007, at 4:51 AM, Keith Allison wrote:

In message <68a8ea5e0705202135u639052d5t772922921123c063@mail.gmail.com>, Rex Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com> writes
We've all been to shows and felt ripped off for whatever reason, but I think you can only really complain that you've been "wronged" as a gig-goer if something is specifically promised and not delivered.

Yes, quite. I think we all need to step back from this and calm down.

Did Mr Lloyd do what he said he was going to do in advance? Yes,
including the chanting and prayer. Does he "owe" me anything in return for my money? - only what he promised me.

Would I have felt comfortable listening to it? No but then anything spiritual or "cosmic" just gets my back up.

Would I have been entitled to my money back? No.
Would I have asked for it / demanded it? No - I was told what was going to happen.

Can I sit through chanting and prayer in order to hear one of my favourite musicians? Yes, or I can leave the room while it's happening. It's the same as having to sit through one of patti Smith's awful "poems" in order to hear the Patti Smith Group storm through "Gloria". It may not be important to me, but it's important to *them*.

Am I smart enough to listen to what someone has to say instead of demanding that they do what *I* want? I hope so, and so are you.

Are we pissed off with Mr Lloyd for quitting one of our favourite bands rather than wait around for Mr Verlaine to decide he can be bothered to make some more Television music or that he needs the money? Probably. But not really.

Do we really have the faintest idea what's going on? Nope.