Re: (TV) Strats

"My Tele was, in a word, beautiful....Sold it on E-bay when things
were particularly tight."

Ouch!

I can relate: I recently passed through a similar rough spot that had
me checking eBay for what I could get for my '72 Telecaster Custom
(apparently, quite a bit
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130198313324).
 Satan, get thee behind me!

There is always the one that got away. For me, it was an old baby-blue
Fender Mustang that I got for $175 in the early 80s. My god, could
that little guitar scream.  I can't remember what piece of junk I
ended up trading it for, but whatever it was it certaintly wasn't
worth it.  Still kick myself.

-A