Re: ? / RE: (TV) Amps Do Furnish Marquee Moon

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 7:52 PM, Rex Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 4:04 PM, andy fekete <andy.fekete@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Oh, right, thanks -- this year, Amps Do Furnish A Room is covering The
>> Notorious Byrd Brothers.
>>
> Did you guys get a solid board recording of the MM set?  I wouldn't mind
> having an entirely different MM to listen to from time to time.  After all,
> I have full-album replicas of Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk" by Camper Van
> Beethoven, My Bloody Valentine's "Loveless" by Japancakes, Willie Nelson's
> "Red Headed Stranger" by Carla Bozulich, "The Who Sell Out" by Petra Haden,
> etc.  (Same question goes for the Byrds album replica.)

I regret that the answer is "no" -- or at least "not yet".

Our live shows are always recorded by Larry Tucker, Chapel Hill's
guerrilla sound archivist.  While Larry's miniaturized gear is quite
sophisticated, he goes for more of an in-audience you-are-there sound,
which is distinctly different from a pristine board recording.

If you're interested in one of Larry's recordings I can set you up;
otherwise, next time we play out (should be late summer), I'll get the
soundperson to record us a copy.

-A