RE: (TV) four for four

as much as I loved husker du at the time, everything falls apart and metal
circus dont really make it much more than land speed record (although Diane is
amazing)

but the 4 after that were pretty spot on - there was filler on almost all of
them, but it was interesting filler !

I'd go for the first 4 ramones albums, even though road to ruin isnt as good
as the first 3

Marah are the only band I can think of that have only released great albums,
even their christmas album is worth hearing (at christmas time only though)
and theyre half a dozen albums down now

I'm hoping that the new only ones album is 4 in a row

does anyone have a recording of the only ones london gig where richard lloyd
got up for the encore ?> Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 23:26:24 +0000> From:
thebilbicus@yahoo.co.uk> Subject: Re: (TV) four for four> To: tv@obbard.com> >
Husker Du (missing out their debut, which was a live album...um...and I don't>
really care for it, although "Data Control" is amazing):> > Everything Falls>
Apart> Metal Circus> Zen Arcade> New Day Rising> Flip Your Wig> Candy Apple
Grey> Warehouse: Songs and Stories> > > To my ears it's one of the most
consistent and> constantly evolving/improving/refining runs from a band, where
there was a> remarkably low amount of filler (although you gotta say "The Baby
Song" was> Husker Du's own attempt at something that matched the artistic
calibre of> "Yonki Time").> > Billy (who has just discovered Jorma Kaukonen's
"Quah" and is> utterly mesmerised by it)> > >
________________________________> From: Leo Casey> <LeoCasey@comcast.net>> To:
tv@obbard.com> Sent: Monday, 16 February, 2009> 22:56:26> Subject: RE: (TV)
four for four> > The first four Television albums.> > -----Original
Message-----> > From: tv-owner@obbard.com> [mailto:tv-owner@obbard.com] On > >
Behalf Of Tom> > Sent: Monday, February 16,> 2009 5:23 PM> > To:
tv@obbard.com> > Subject: Re: (TV) four for four> > > > I> would say The Kinks
did seven in a row, from Kinks > > Kontroversy through > >> Muswell
Hillbillies, but even if the acclaim for Kontroversy and Lola > >> Vs.Powerman
and the Moneygoround Part One isn't as universal > > as that for> the > >
others, you've still got Face To Face through Arthur. If T. Rex and > >>
Trannosaurus Rex count as the same group, then they might > > have a five
album> > run from Unicorn through Slider, though I've only heard a few > >
tracks from> > Beard of Stars. (Maybe even longer, I've only heard a few > >
tracks from> the > > first two and how variable in quality can they be?)> > >