Re: (TV) TV southerner? / Blasphemy

Neil's a good player, hell even David Crosby is a good guitar player. It is
not their technical virtuosity that makes them good, it is their unique
approach to the instrument - the stylistic identifiable qualities that are
invariant in their playing that informs anyone listening who it is who is
playing before they even utter a sound from their mouths.  I use DC as a
comparative bookmark in this discussion because of his association w/ Neil
and because his playing is instructive as well. Listen to old Byrds songs
and Crosby's rhythm playing is always identifiable - that chunka chunka
thing. Similarly, Neil's playing whether acoustic or electric has an almost
self parodying muted rhythmic twang. And as always the one note wonders as
heard in songs like Cinnamon Girl or the staccato lines in songs like
Cowgirl and Down by the River. Young is not Joe Satriani or Robert Fripp but
his qualification to be on any list of great guitarists is because of his
origianlity and the unmistakable sound he makes.