Re: (TV) TV southerner? / Blasphemy

Russ has the goods here regarding Neil's playing.

The guy's not refined, but that's like saying BB King isn't refined.
Neil's found a totally unique, immediately identifiable sound,
something that is surprisingly difficult to do.  And his ragged,
idiosyncratic style of playing is often astonishingly effective in
expressing a wide range of emotions in his solos, a task from which he
never seems to shy.

One can argue with how Neil does what he does, but the man definitely
knows what he's doing.

-A