Re: (TV) Richard Loyd: Marquee Moon" (1977) is the only Television album, as far as I'm concerned, because it's the only record that faces outwards, to the audience.

There *are* new songs. Check this link:

http://www.earcandyarchive.com/2008/03/it-was-7-years-ago-that-i-first-heard.html

----- Original Message ----- From: "Iqigo" <gobeco@gmail.com>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2009 2:23 AM
Subject: Re: (TV) Richard Loyd: Marquee Moon" (1977) is the only Television album, as far as I'm concerned, because it's the only record that faces outwards, to the audience.

I don4t know if it4s a personal problem between Tom and Richard but sure is
boring to play for years and years only 15 or so songs. He and we need new
songsss!!!!!!

2009/4/20 Phil Obbard <pobbard@yahoo.com>

He goes on to say: "Although [Tom Verlaine] made a lot of solo records, if
you
listen to them, they all sound like they have drum machines on them.
They're all involuted."

I had to look up "involuted". It means:

1. curving or curling inward.
2. having an involved or complex nature.
3. having resumed its normal size, shape, or condition.

________________________________
 album, as far as I'm concerned, because it's the only record that  faces
outwards, to the audience.

Just back from hols so catching up with threads etc. Here is a brief
interview with Richard:

/"Marquee Moon" (1977) is the only Television album, as far as I'm
concerned, because it's the only record that faces outwards, to the
audience. Even with "Adventure" (1978), he began coming to the studio
without songs, writing lyrics on the spot that meant nothing, that were
just
him tickling his own fancy.

/

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2009/04/extelevision_guitaris
t_wants_t.html

Graham

El consumo de papel es perjudicial para el medio ambiente. Por favor,
tingalo en cuenta antes de imprimir este mensaje.