Re: Desperate Richard / RE: (TV) From Richard's Facebook wall tonight...

> In what sense? I find Tom's soloing more interesting, but I can see someone
> preferring Richard. As far as technique goes, they're both so far up there
> that I wouldn't know how to rank them.

I find Tom's soloing more interesting, too, and I generally like his playing
better.  But Richard can and does do more, as you can hear on all of his
recordings as a sideman.

"Better" is of course subjective, but I try to be as realistic as I can
about technique and versatility.  I'll always enjoy Neil Young's playing a
million times more than Yngvie's, but I think it's easy to say whose chops
are stronger.  Obviously the distance between Richard and Tom isn't as vast,
but as I call it Richard is capable of more.

But I totally agree with Leo's assessment of both men's solo output.