Re: Quite a Statement / RE: (TV) OT: Luna & Dean Wareham

No i missed that as well Murray.  Shame as would have loved to have seen it.

On 29/04/2011 12:46, Murray Ramone wrote:
Did you go and see them doing the galaxie 500 stuff in Glasgow at Stereo
recently Graham ? I was meant to be recording it but it turned out the missus
had already got something arranged for that night so I was stuck in with the
kids instead. The stuff on you tube looks great

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 12:02:00 +0100
From: gurquhart@madasafish.com
To: tv@obbard.com
CC: pobbard@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Quite a Statement / RE: (TV) OT: Luna&  Dean Wareham

Interesting discussion. I enjoyed the Wareham book although it wasn't
quite as bitchy as i'd been led to expect. One of the better and
honestly written 'rock' memoirs though. Also saw the 13 Most Beautiful
show in Dunfermline which was one of the best i've seen, especially when
they encored with Tugboat and Strange.  Overall , personally prefer the
Galaxie 500 albums over Luna.  Much more cohesive I think and an
endearing shambolic-ness (is that a word?) about them.  I do like a lot
of the Luna output but like Phil, feel you could condense it down to one
or two really brilliant albums.  Of course MM and Adventure are both
cohesive really brilliant albums :).  Also like the Dean and Britta albums.

Graham