Re: (TV) Some Ominous News on Waterman's '33 1/3: MM' Approach

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 9:05 AM, Leo Casey <LeoCasey@comcast.net> wrote:

> If I had a dollar for every woman I was ever seriously interested in
> meeting but who, when they
> later looked up
>
> the name Tom Verlaine or the band Television and read the usual "  ....
> famed for his
> trailblazing work as the singer
>
> and guitarist for the seminal New York punk band Television blah , blah,
> blah ....", then ended
> the 'conversation'
>
> with mw with something along the lines of "I hate that type of music", then
> I'd be a wealthy
> man. [smile].
>
> Maybe they shouldn't be, but sadly and unfortunately first impressions are
> very important with
> many people. That's
>
> why 'open-mindedness' is an important criteria for me when I meet a woman
> (or a man) for the
> first time.

In the end they're saving you from wasting your time.  My wife sometimes
worries about how tall my daughter is going to be, because "men are
intimidated by tall women".  My take on it is it's actually a boon for the
same reason.  She doesn't need to waste her time on some douchebagge who's
scared of tall women, and, because she's going to be a tall woman, she won't
have to.  Same principle here.

I think every straight male Neil Young fan has had the following experience
whilst hanging out with a cute girl in whom they might be interested:

You: Well, I'm a pretty big Neil Young fan.
Her:  Oh, I loooovvvve that song by him, "Horse With No Name"!
You: KTHKSBYE.

-Rex