Re: (TV) Re: Tom as a punk

The best thing you can do is to play the uninitiated some songs by the musician
in question. Nowadays, if you own an mp3 player (which I don't), that's not even
that hard. Leo, perhaps you'd have had more luck with those women if you'd said:
"I'm doing a bad job describing Television. Why don't you come up to my swinging
bachelor pad, sit on my revolving bed, and I'll show you my etchings" - I mean,
"play you 'Marquee Moon.'"

Of course there's still the problem of choosing "representative" songs,
especially with someone like Thompson. And for the Mekons, I always say, "You
_really_ have to see them live."

- Jesse