[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (TV) Re: Tom as a punk
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: (TV) Re: Tom as a punk
- From: Rex Broome <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 07:22:21 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=Lrv6UW7+BIsr/eLzy2braMo6mVrYq/SP8DAOFyydUyg=; b=d9bEYWuvQ5my0KAqfsqA1U/gpeJKdLnttcT2yPpc+VcZmAiiJe93W45yVdQ53bpiXU EEX80QgVpQsxy8jhwsSTf8OOj4CaFXyEv9TYncByaKa09ug4B++l0TX2mCtVXXosdW0s oWknlwU9wtQsOoAmCH/DOMbV2IFxpxB7x6/Xw=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=S4zrGp2qRWL2Cxe5FsjxI52w/O/sv1vQNLMxBO5UVfgCg+qqspV8N9X251vvrsMMOt 7M3IIkZycm36hUlEAAkNLyQd5nwrcxFi0GuJ6+X9+/J0TvVDnKFbG2O6Vmn7sHz5rq8e QOqWoiRxvBXBZ5i4N4aQf7awiEdgY7mli9+9k=
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 12:37 AM, postitnote <email@example.com>wrote:
> --- On Sun, 5/1/11, Jesse Hochstadt <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Re: the term 'lunkhead', I believe it was Leo who first used it and it
> like he was referring to people who listened to 'hardcore' music. But
> he meant sthg else.
It was me, and what I meant by it was "someone too dense to understand music
not defined by rigid genre labels". Didn't mean anything about the type of
music said person listened to; I was just positing a situation where I was
having a hypothetical conversation about someone who hadn't heard of
Television (or Richard Thompson) and saying that if such a person couldn't
imagine their way past broad labels like "punk rock" or "folk rock", they
were probably a person of limited musical imagination with whom such a
conversation was probably going to be futile (thus, a "lunkhead"). The term
was meant to denote a person of stunted musical scope, not a person who
liked one genre or another... sorry for any confusion.
Most actual lunkheads are into Jimmy Buffett, of course.
To post: Mail email@example.com
To unsubscribe: Mail firstname.lastname@example.org with message "unsubscribe tv"