Re: (TV) Re: lunkhead, etc. >> RT and more

i'm another one who just has not caught richard thompson fever.  i bought
"shoot out the lights" years ago and gave it away -- it just did not grab me.
i've heard a bit of linda thompson solo that i've enjoyed (just on the radio
or whatever).  i love the motorcycle-black leather jacket song, but can't even
remember the name of it (and i don't think of it as a guitar song).   so, RT
fans:

if you could recommend one RT album as a jumping off point, what would it be,
and why?  knowing that i do enjoy folk as well as the hard stuff.

another "guitar god" i've avoided:  hendrix.  same question.  i actually love
richard lloyd's hendrix album, "bold as love" best of all, which is the only
thing that has me even wondering more about hendrix.

p.s.

i think someone here asked what the new (last) poly styrene album is like.
it's a bit of a mix.  very danceable, for the most part, and overall not bad.
fresh, really, for a 50-something former punk (and krishna!).  not really much
reminiscent of the spex, other than her voice, which i have long loved, and
the themes, which remain antimaterialistic.  6/10?  much better than
"translucence" (the only other solo work of hers i've heard, which totally put
me to sleep).  i am so glad that poly got it done, and got to see it's
release, and some of the good press it generated, before she passed.