Re: (TV) Re: Important Correction from Richard Lloyd/Torn Curtain live

After rehearsing the Torn Curtain over and over for literally months and
playing it live a dozen times (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ_aksYOMQ4),
I've come to the conclusion that even given our limitations as musicians, TC
is a particularly challenging tune to play live, especially if you try to
remain faithful to the tone and arrangement of the original LP version.
It's not that the tune is technically difficult -- we could deal with that.
It's just that in a live setting, overly long and dreary arrangement is a
buzz-kill for all but the most die-hard fans.

In the few live Television recordings I've heard of Torn Curtain, it sounded
to me like the band was tinkering with the feel of the song, trying to
increase its live appeal.  One of the more successful live versions I heard
sounded almost metal. It was quite good, though distinctly different from
the LP version.

-A