Re: (TV) OT Beefheart fans in NYC

Dennis

Good to hear another CD is on its way. Let us know if we can listen to a stream of the Dublin radio show.

Graham

On 29/05/2011 20:27, Dennis D wrote:
This looks amazing, one of my favorite guitarists, a guy that appears on 2 tracks on my CD Inwood Stories is playin g wityh Eric Slick (drummer for Adrian Belew). This guy Robbie Seahag Mangano is pretty much the best guitarist I know and I know a lot of guitarists. He is the most well rounded musician I know, started on bass at 13, playing weddings in New Jersey. He also plays with the Grandmothers of Invention, the only guy in the band NOT an original member of the Mothers of Invention. There are many people worth seeing at this gig Eric Slick with Seahag is a must see. I will be in Dublin or Cork (catching Patti Smith) on June 4th which is my birthday. I wish I could be in 2 places at once. But it is being streamed so everyone can have a chance to hear it. Seahag will also be appearing on my next CD with other friends of mine appearing including an ex Voidoid! On a plane tonight to Dublin! I will be appearing in Dublin, if anyone on the list is near Dublin, on June 7th at a club named Anseo at 18 Lower Camden St. Sorry for the long emails today, I guess its nerves, the older I get the less I like to fly. I'll be on a local radio show in Dublin on June 6th, if anyone is interested I'll post info on it later, when I get to Ireland.

If you are in New York, please come to this show:
http://www.bowerypoetry.com/#June_4

If not, it should be streaming LIVE at:
http://www.bowerypoetrylive.com

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Best Batch Yet! A Tribute to Captain Beefheart

Saturday, June 4, 8:00 PM
Bowery Poetry Club
308 Bowery (between Houston and Bleecker), NY, NY
212-614-0505

Only $10
All proceeds from the event will go to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.

On June 4th, a collection of NYC's finest musicians will pay tribute to the influential singer/composer/artist/poet Don Van Vliet aka Captain Beefheart, who passed away from complications due to Multiple Sclerosis last December.

Impossible to define, classify, or categorize, Beefheart's music touched upon the blues, free jazz, avant-garde, rock, prog, swing, & spoken-word, culminating in his best-known work, "Trout Mask Replica". A sprawling double-album released in 1969 and produced by Frank Zappa, "Trout Mask Replica" is frequently mentioned by such publications as Mojo, The Wire, and Rolling Stone as one of the greatest albums of all time.

Gary Lucas (Beefheart alumni, Jeff Buckley), Nona Hendryx (Labelle, Talking Heads), Nina Persson (The Cardigans), Nathan Larson (Shudder To Think), Cynthia Sley (Bush Tetras), Doug Gillard (Guided By Voices), Mike Fornatale (The Left Banke), Eric Slick (Dr. Dog), and Weasel Walter (Behold The Arctopus), will be joined by musicians from the rock, jazz, metal, progressive, blues, experimental, & classical worlds to perform faithful and interpretive versions of songs from Beefheart's entire catalog, from his 1966 debut "Safe As Milk" to his final record "Ice Cream For Crow", released in 1982.

This will be a once-in-a-lifetime gathering of musicians who simply wish to say "Thank You" to a man who changed their lives.

Watch LIVE on the Web!
http://www.bowerypoetrylive.com

Thanks!

Leisure Class