Re: (TV) Richard Lloyd's Facebook Comments on The New Television Track

Yeah, uhm, I'm sure Billy and Fred agree with the last sentence, considering
that there'll be Television gigs in Brazil this summer.
________________________________
From: Steve Rovner <serovner@mindspring.com>
To: Television List <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 4, 2011 9:51 PM
Subject: (TV) Richard Lloyd's Facebook Comments on The New Television Track

admire Richard more and more over time....

"I contributed a track to a
Japanese CD that is for the Earthquake Victims (Glurp), and so did Richard
Hell, with an AMAZING version of his song "Time", and the "Television" with
Jimmy Ripp replacing me contributed an instrumental mess called "Mistakes",
and Tom contributed a song called "Leaves", which is the same dribble with the
guitar on volume -1, and two verses of about six words each -- his version of
a 12 year old Pat Metheny, teeny weeny meandering guitar... Lyrics 1st verse:
"The day is long, the day is long, so...the night is brief" 2nd verse: "Cherry
blossom time, cool breeze on the pond. we just say, aragato." (Japanese
goodbye). That's IT. But there is lots of really cool stuff, like a live
Zombies version of "She's Not There" and other groovies... The CD is called
"OMOIYARI FOR JAPAN - International Music Rescue" (2CD set).  It's still a
good buy, and for charity, but you'll both laugh AND cry if you hear the "new"
song from "Television"
 w/Jimmy Ripp, although!
  I have the greatest regard for Jimmy personally,
and he and Tom have been playing together for decades, I am embarrassed for
Fred and Bill and Jimmy, to be stuck on THAT ship."