(TV) L'Adventure/Lykke Li/I need a new Adventure

A way to re-phrase that the artists didn't screwed the songs up would be that
almost all seemed anxious to stay close to the originals. What's the point in
repeating the solos, note by note, as in "Glory" or "Careful"? The best one,
in my opinion, is the version of "Ain't that nothing", which with its
repetitive rockabilly arrangement at least try a different approach.

As a matter of fact, I didn't knew about any of the groups or singers -- save
for Lykke Li. She's a young up'n'coming Swedish songwriter who's appearing at
festivals in both Europe and the U.S. this summer. Her participation here came
as a complete surprise to me; can't find anything about it on her website
either. People in this group might be interested in her type of atmospheric
pop music; she somewhat sounds like a less introvert cousin to fellow Swede
Stina Nordenstam, who also was quite successful in the early 00's, but today
seems to have vanished from the face of the earth. An aside: Lykke Li's father
is one of the most prominent Swedish pop guitarists, known for his ability to
play in a variety of genres. In the 80's he was a member of Dag Vag, the then
most crowd-pleasing reggae-pop band, where he changed his name from Kenny
Hekansson to Beno Zeno.

The link to "L'Adventure" led me to this:
http://sonofexileonmoanstreet.blogspot.com/2010/06/television-i-need-new-adve
nture-1978.html Still haven't found out how to download it, though. I didn't
knew about it, but perhaps someone else did already know about it, as the link
is more than a year old by now.

Leif J, Sweden

> Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 20:00:56 -0700
> From: pobbard@yahoo.com
> Subject: Re: (TV) 33 1/3 Review in Crawdaddy
> To: tv@obbard.com
>
> Have you had a chance to check out L'ADVENTURE? I think it's pretty good,
and
> a testament to the strength of the oft-underestimated songwriting on
ADVENTURE

http://www.crawdaddy.com/index.php/2010/06/23/download-all-covers-tribute-to-