Re: (TV) The decline of Verlaine's soloing abilities....NO

I guess I'm on this side (w/Glenn) of the fence.  I also dig the song "Storm"
and was quite surprised that someone would call it a 'stinker'.   But everyone
has their different opinion,  heh?

I also agree w/ Glenn about it's probably not about his 'ability' to solo but
maybe it doesn't quite go w/ the type of songs he wants to put out nowadays.

One thing I love so much about solo TV stuff is, is the beautiful melodies
that he comes up w/.  I'll just be going about my day, minding my own business
and a melody from one of his tunes come into my head and I just have to go
listen to that song.  Of course, I also love the sounds he creates from his
guitar, which are unique and distinctive.

I also love Tom's singing which always gets blasted in reviews...yeah, it's
different, but it fits so well w/ his music.

Someone I read thought that Tom just writes 'quirky' songs but when they heard
"Warm and Cool" they just loved that one.  I like some of the songs on that
but I prefer his other albums to that one.  But maybe I'll like that one more
when he hear it more times.  Since I'm newer to all his stuff than you peeps
on here,  I'm still catching up on it all.

And btw, I'm not a musician, only a music lover, but I know what I like and
don't like. But sometimes I have a hard time expressing it as maybe I don't
know the correct terms to use to get my point across.

D.