Re: (TV) ot: soft boys (>> spotify)

There are really only two proper Soft Boys album from their original run,
and one quite good record from their brief reunion.

The two you probably heard were "Can of Bees" (the proper debut, more
Beefheart and Barrett in feel) and "Underwater Moonlight", which is a stone
cold classic.

The reunion record is "Nextdoorland" and while cleaner in execution (a la
Television 3) it's very solid and you can really hear the great guitar
interplay between Robyn Hitchcock and Kimberley "I wrote 'Walking on
Sunshine' but I'm still cool anyway" Rew.  Definitely worth a listen.

Everything else is odds 'n' sods.  Almost all of it is worth hearing, but
there is a LOT of overlap between compilations.  If you can find "Invisible
Hits" and the old Ryko two-disc anthology (might be tough), you've got most
of it.

And then you're ready for Robyn Hitchcock's massive solo catalog!