 From: Ty Burr <tyburr@comcast.net>
To:
tv@obbard.com
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2012 8:03:21 AM
Subject: Re: Now cast.
Re: (TV) "CGBG": New talents casted; still no   Verlaine

I'll stick up for
Todd Haynes' "I'm Not There," his meditation on Dylan. True to the
through-line and meaning of the singer's career while playing intentionally
fast and loose with the facts. But that movie's the exception rather than the
rule.

On Jun 17, 2012, at 10:36 AM, postitnote wrote:

> I thought the film
'Control' about Ian Curtis/Joy Division was great.  And the actor who played
Ian was really spot on.

Subject: Re: Now cast. Re: (TV) "CGBG": New talents casted; still no  Verlaine
>> To: tv@obbard.com
>> Date: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 8:56 PM
>> On Sat, Jun
16, 2012 at 1:20 PM, Bob
>> Beatty <bobjb2002@yahoo.ca>
>> wrote:

like
>>> documentaries bettter than
>>> docu-dramas, 'cause the fictionalized
ones are
>>> virtually certain to be
>>> full distortion, misinformation, &
>>> mis-characterization about people & what
>> happened.They're typically
>>> geared to
>>> entertain with drama, instead of trying to be true to

facts. Not that
>>> documentaries always
>>> get facts right, but they stand a
better chance.

>> Gotta tend to agree.  In a way it's puzzling that

docu-dramas keep getting
>> made because very few of them are either
commercially or
>> artistically
>> successful.  The ones that are tend to be
about stuff
>> that's well and truly
>> in the past (I dunno, Patton?
Lawrence of Arabia?)...