Re: (TV) Marquee Moon to be performed in its entirety

The current Television lineup playing at Sao Paulo this week sounded pretty
good, I thought, although I agree with those who say some of Rip's
reconstructions of Lloyd solos don't sound quite equal to Lloyd's originals,
And Tom doesn't sound as on fire as he can be. But I too would be quite happy
to see the band in its current form. Despite the glaring absence of Lloyd, 3
of 4  1970s members is a pretty good ratio. The one time I saw Tom live, & as
far as I know it was the only time he ever played my city (Vancouver, BC) in
30+ years I've lived here, was a 1990 solo acoustic show. But it was largely
disappointing, as Tom's electric playing was what I'd grown to like so much.
Plus, to my ears, he plays acoustic not nearly as compellingly as electric.
He's not a Bert Jansch.

So, compared to that disappointment, I'd be pleased
to see Tom playing an electric Fender live with any band he might put
together.Or even solo electric, for that matter.
So much the better if he was
playing Television songs with 3/4 of the band lineup who played on the studio
albums. But I'm not likely to put money where my mouth is & trek to Melbourne
or South America to enjoy that particular thrill. Viewing You Tube videos of
live shows seem to be about as close as I'm likely to get any time soon!

I'm
reminded The Rolling Stones survived okay with the changing of guitarists
several times, & put out some good quality records with every band lineup.
But, as someone pointed out earlier, Rip doesn't yet have any memorable
Television studio recordings to his credit, at least none that that have been
released yet.
-Bob