Re: (TV) OT Again: Good Bowie Bio? / 'Blackstar' FLAC?

Keith, your note reminds me of a great piece I read this week. Excerpt:

"I have the realisation that it was a magic trick. That last album. He
performed a magic trick. He gave us this album, and then just a few days
later, he silently transformed it into something entirely different. What
was confusing and obscure and frustrating and invincible suddenly becomes
direct and honest and open and vulnerable. The Pledge, the Turn, the
Prestige. It’s all there. It is the greatest concept album of all t
ime. He
won. He beat us all.

Part of me hates him for being so David Bowie about it that we had no time
to prepare. But then that goes away and I am filled with love for him for
being so David Bowie about it that he did give us time to prepare, except
none of us realised that because none of us are David Bowie enough to be
David Bowie."

>From http://iamjamesward.com/2016/01/13/conversation-piece/

Phil