RE: (TV) issues (nonTV)

Here in the UK its getting harder to find "real" live music in pubs and
clubs.
When I visited friends in the States a couple of years ago (Lake Tahoe,
CA), it seemed that there were at least three different gigs happening
every night in the many bars which did live music. I was amazed, this was
in a small town. The standard of musicianship was excellent from the local
bands.
Here in London only well known bands can get gigs easily.

Pubs and clubs need a special licence from the local council to have a band
play live music, so many of them get round this by having two guys on
guitar and a tape machine.  I think two people doesn't count as a band.
They always play Hotel California!
Even this dire cop-out is dying out, being replaced by f***ing karaoke
evenings.
So, I guess I have to say I hate live bands using tapes.

Although, i have just found a pub a few miles from me which has excellent
jazz evenings once a week.

-Howard