Re: (TV) My soul music

KongGod1@webtv.net (Charles Kurilla) wrote:
> Tonio K-- especially " Life in the Foodchain " (anybody out there know
> this guy?)

Oooooh, a personal fave.  LitFC and his other great cut on that album,
Funky Western Civilization are killers!  "You just grab your partner by
the hair, throw her down and leave her there!"

Back in the early 90's he apparently found Jesus (and I didn't even know
he was missing...) and his music just isn't the same.

> Crack the Sky (anybody know them?)

"This band has come all the way down from an acid trip just to play
for you.  Please welcome Crack the Sky!"
  - From the intro to "Hold On" on the album Live Sky

> Jim Croce ( yeah, he could run
> toward mawkish sentimentality... ) who had a great lead guitarist named
> Maury Muelheisen, who could coax fluid and
> melodic sounds from an acoustic gutar
> in a way few if any players could...

Maury was responsible for a great deal of Jim Croce's fame.  Jim
wasn't a bad player, but all the good bits are Maury's.  I understand
that Jim always wanted him to get more credit, but he was the one who
wanted to keep a low profile.  I guess he did - I never heard from him
again.

And I can't let the GP reference go by - Graham Parker's one of the
world's best songwriters, right up there with Richard Thompson and
Bob Dylan.  If he ever plays your town, go see him!  Go buy his records!
You can thank me later.