Re: (TV) i mean cookies

I think the addition of the word "female" to "ranting artist" sounds
slightly patronizing, especially since we all enthusiastically go gaga over
countless other "raving artist"-types of the male persuasion, umm, Tom
Verlaine? Richard Hell? Iggy Pop? Lou Reed? Has the world ever seen such a
bunch of self-important, precious "artistes" revelling in their oh-so
artiness while still wanting to be rock stars, all the while showing disdain
for their fans? Yet I love all of their music and am an unashamed, outright
fan. How are they any different from Patti, a woman who grew up steeped in
rock-as-art culture and who contributed to that tradition just as
emphatically? Am I showing my pretentiousness by preferring her brand of
"ranting artist" to the 80's hook-laden pop of the Cars? You bet. I show my
phony-baloney art-punk-rock/avant-garage street cred at the door.