Re: (TV) more Newsom

I gave that vid on YouTube another listen. Here are some random thoughts.
I could have really gone for this in a big way about 25 years ago when I was
entering college. A lot of what she does here has been done before by the
likes of goddess chanteuses like Kate Bush, Victoria Williams ( I like Vic's
voice considerably better), Jane Siberry and others. That said, Joanna
Newsom has a fantastic  harp ability, I really love what she does - she make
harp playing interesting. She is elfin, too child-like to take seriously.
She looks like a cute little vampire elf, a smurf.
The harmony parts are almost too much to take. I can't stand the sound of
children singing ("teacher leave us kids alone" makes me cringe ). I'd
listen to other stuff by her but she is very precious.
-Russ