Re: OT: Versions of Neil Young's "Zuma"/ RE: (TV) Slate: "Lester Bangs' Basement"

As far as I can make out, no NY record has ever been remastered for CD after
its initial release.  The most recent four to be issued, which were long out
of print, are surely the best-sounding, FWIW.

Now, I believe all of remastered versions of Neil's earliest solo records
can be found buried in the first Archives box released last year.  Offhand
it looks like that goes up through "Harvest".  But you have to put together
your own playlists to listen to them as originally issued.  I love Neil, and
I waited decades for the Archive box... but I haven't even been able to set
aside any quality time with it.  Pathetic on my part.

And yes, that description of EDD is spot on.  It also describes the first
Dream Syndicate record, though.

-Rex