Not NYC-punk / jock / RE: Quite a Statement / RE: (TV) OT: Luna & Dean Wareham

>the Stairway to Heaven of 70s NYC punk. Great, yes. But
> played out.

I could say a lot more, but for now I'll l just go with that the song 'Marquee Moon ' is
*not* NYC-punk, it's about as far away as you can get from that genre.

Not sure what you mean by the phrase 'played out' can you say more (do you mean played too
often)?

Also, quantity will never supersede quality.

So, what's Luna's equivalent to the album MM's song writing, lyrics, poetry, melodies, and
ideas.

My only problem with Luna is their stuff/sound has a 'sameness' to it and a lack of range.
Verlaine can write play/write something as ferocious as 'See No Evil' and as
beautiful and languid as 'Without A Word'.

However, nothing I can say or write is gonna convince you or anyone in your camp.
So I'll just go with the old sophomoric school yard stuff:  As a guitar player--either
technique-wise
or/and ability to connote emotional feeling--Dean Wareham couldn't carry T.V.'s jock strap