Re: Not NYC-punk / jock / RE: Quite a Statement / RE: (TV) OT: Luna & Dean Wareham

 I think we've just about managed to beat this to death but I just wanted to
reply to Leo's schoolyard baiting with the following:
No, Wareham couldn't carry Verlaine' jockstrap.  But Sean Eden could.
Generally speaking the Luna division of guitar labor was Dean playing slow
sustainy tremolo-y lines on a Les Paul while Sean played the flashier bits on
a Jazzmaster. A great soloist and ensemble player, seriously underrated. But I
will concede that neither of them could solo like Lloyd.
I'd point to 23 Minutes in Brussels, Anesthesia, Indian Summer and Sideshow by
the Seashore as my personal faves, and live versions are generally worth
seeking out too. I was at the Chicago "D&B playing Galaxie 500" show last
December where Sean came up on stage to do some encores. Jesus wept it was
like they hadn't been apart for 5+ years.
OK I'm done.

And now onto Zeppelin...

Rex your description of the typical Zep song was one of the funniest things
I've read on this list.  My experience in ultimately coming around to
appreciate them to a point is similar to yours, but as a bass player I was
already somewhat predisposed. JPJ's line in How Many More times ... shudder.