Re: (TV) Vanity Fair/lost album

Thanks to Deb for mentioning the ''lost album''. I hadn't come across it in
The Big One till today, not having gotten that far yet in exploring T.B.O.,
till seeing Deb's post. Six of those songs I have on (mostly vinyl) singles,
but am glad to know I have digital versions now too,as my record player's not
set upfor ripping to computer. And I was glad to hear Anna & Untitled (Ah
Lee), songs I don't recall hearing before. (I neverowned ''A Miller's Tale'',
mistakenly thinking I already had all the songs on it).Plus I see there are
alternate versions of  ''The Scientist Writes a Letter'', & ''One Time at
Sundown'', & a nice version of Marquee Moon in that same TBO file too.The Big
One is quite a stunning ''embarrassment of riches''. Many thanks again to all
involved in assembling T.B.O. & generously sharing it via vines.

I'm trying
to recall what Tom said in an interview once re. Fontana rejecting the ''lost
album''. I think he said it was a case of them not thinking the material was
strong enough. Surely a  bizarre record co. reaction, as I agree with Rex
Broome, & view these as ''A'' quality Tom V. songs, & ''Flash Light'' as
probably my fave Tom solo album ever. WTF do record co. execs. know?
Trivia/& correction: The song ''Vanity Fair'' did come out officially on CD. I
have a British made 3-song Fontana single from 1990 entitled ''Kaleidescopin'
'', containing that song, plus
''Sixteen Tulips'' & ''Vanity Fair''.