 From: Glenn
Cooper <glennwaynecooper@gmail.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Sent: Monday, April 22,
2013 4:19:26 PM
Subject: Re: (TV) New/old song

I wonder if reading Hell's
book has somehow been the catalyst for the
re-emergence of this song? Maybe
he's been thinking about those days and
remembered this song.

Glenn C.

On
Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 8:30 AM, Bob Beatty <bobjb2002@yahoo.ca> wrote:

Dennis: Interesting story you tell about Tom being encouraging about your

band

________________________________

tv@obbard.com
> Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 2:45:16 PM
>  Subject: Re: (TV)

New/old song

> I never heard of anyone getting royalties for songs
performed
> live. I just don't think it works that way. I've been in many
bands that
> covered songs, including my first band that did a few Television
songs. Tom
> never asked me for royalties for performing his songs, he was
just curious
> what my guitarist played as we were a 3 piece. Tom knew I was
doing these
> songs, my next band covered Judy and Tom typed out the lyrics
for us
> because
> we couldn't decipher them all from tapes. So I don't think
Richard is
> getting
> nor expecting any royalties.
>

> The second YouTube
link Glen posted of  "I'm
> Gonna Find You" ( the 1974 Ork
> loft rehearsal
version) is my upload. 2+years
> ago I noticed most unreleased
> Television
songs were not yet findable at YT,
> but thought it would be good to
> make
them available there & be heard more
> widely, so upped that one, plus

Horizontal Ascension, Kingdom Come, Poor
> Circulation, Hard on Love, & UFO.
For
> some reason(s),among those uploads, "I'm
> Gonna Find You" has received
by far
> the most YT views, at 65 thousand by now.
> None of the other
Television I
> upped  come anywhere close for views. Among
> them, it's the
unexpected "hit"!
> I'm sure much of it has to do with other
> sites that get
some traffic embedding
> it.  Dangerous Minds featured it in one
> of their
posts. Plus, judging by
> youtuber comments & thumbs votes, viewers
> seem to
like it. Richard Lloyd left
> a comment there claiming he wrote the
> music
for the song "I'm Gonna Find You",
> an interesting "scoop". But will
> Lloyd
> receive a royalty payment from Tom & co. performing "his" song in Sao

Paulo?
> Doubtful! (btw, re. the lyrics posted in the video description,
thanks
> go to
> Deb for kindly transcribing them & passing along her
transcription I
> pasted
> there).
> Is it possible Television may have
resurrected this ancient,
> never-played-live song in 2013 partly due to
"popular requests" from people
> who may have become familiar with it via YT
who may have asked members of

________________________________

2013
> 3:10:50 AM