Re: (TV) The hat

________________________________
 From: Dennis D <dend@nyc.rr.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:31 PM
Subject: Re: (TV) The hat

I agree w/ Dennis, I love Persia and was also glad that it was included in the set, it's just beautiful.

D.

On 16/11/2013 11:57, leif joley wrote:
> I hear
> d "Persia" in Berlin 2004, and I believe it had been in shows for some ye
> ars already by then. How fresh is that?

Well, at least it's got 'proper' lyrics now; I thought it sounded great,
actually.

I totally agree, with the new lyrics it sounds much better and I'm glad they included it in the set.

> More bothering, however, is the presence of Jimmy Rip's hat

It's called going bald, Leif. You young folks don't have to worry about
it, but when you get to my age ... (actually, I know he's been bald in
the past but I believe that was by design.)
When the hair starts going, there's nothing for it but the 'hipster' hat
(cf Elvis Costello) or the all-over cover-up (that bloke with the dumb
name in U2)

I'm surprised no one mentioned the facial hair too, that was a definite no no in the past.
I particularly hate the young hipster wearing straw fedora crowd. But as Keith said it has more to do
with loss of hair on the head and it doesn't seem to bother me. I think the band is enjoying themselves and hope they do more shows and release the record they have been working on in 2014.
More shows that include me as the support act especially.